Ladies, Lunch, and Literacy
Thursday, May 9, 2013
While Jill is not a debut author, Life After Life is her first book in 17 years and the #1 Indie Pick for April 2013. It is a heartfelt story about the residents and visitors to the Pine Haven Estates, a Retirement Community in Fulton, North Carolina. You will be completely drawn into the lives of each of the characters who inhabit this community and you will find this a book to be cherished.
Be sure to make time in your calendar to welcome Jill to the South Bay. We are trying a new local restaruant and all of the information about our lunch is just below.
In addtion to hearing from Jill at lunch, we will tell you about our 2013 non-profit beneficiary of Ladies, Lunch, and Literacy and how you can help the Kids at KIPP Empower. Here are the rest of the details:
Where: Jackson's Food and Drink, 2041 Rosecrans avenue #190, El Segundo CAL. 90245-4788, 310.606.5500
When: Thursday, May 9 from 11:30am to 1:30pm
What: Registration begins at 11:30am. Lunch will be served promptly at noon.
The cost is $55 and includes lunch and a signed first edition of Life After Life. Please call the Redondo Beach store (310-542-6000) today to make your reservation.
For more information, please call or visit Mysterious Galaxy Redondo Beach!
* * * * * * * * * * *About Ladies, Lunch, and Literacy
Ladies, Lunch, and Literacy is an off-site event program that invites selected authors to lunch in a personalized setting. Join the Ladies, Lunch and Literacy email list (See join our Email list on the sidebar) if you are interested in:
- Having lunch with new authors. Lunches are held in Los Angeles and San Diego
- Meeting other readers and building a community that loves to learn about, and talk about new books
- Receiving a signed first edition from a promising new writer and creating buzz and book group interest for a debut author
- Supporting a non-profit literacy-based organization with part of the proceeds from our events
- Eating lunch at local, independently owned venues
Our 2013 Non Profit Literacy Partner
The non-profit beneficiary of our Ladies, Lunch, and Literacy events in 2013 in KIPP LA. Come to any of our events and find out how you can make a difference!